Saturday, 8 December 2012

'Tis the Season to get Crafty.....

With Christmas steaming towards us and dark nights keeping us in what better time to get crafting?! This time last year my household was frantic with making Christmas hampers for six couples of our nearest and dearest - they went down a storm. Don't get me wrong, they were such hard work but worth every second when they were presented on Christmas Day, plus we had so much fun designing and making them!

Snowflake decorations
Each hamper (which was actually an upcycled cheese box!) had homemade jams, chutneys, liqueurs, hats, scarves, tree decorations, sweets, potted game, bath salts and much more. And of course I had to go to town with crochet - each and every jam jar had a festive lid!

Festive homemade jams
By no means was this a cheap way to do Christmas, we probably spent as much if not more than we normally would as we made sure the contents were the best and locally sourced. They were however I think the best Christmas presents we have ever given and people are placing bets on what we will get up to this year....

If you fancy having a go at the jar covers then pop along to find me on Etsy and you can get the pattern - there's still plenty of time to whip some up....

Festive Jam Jar Cover Pattern


After she had finished the jams my Mum reused the jars and pressed the covers to make them into coasters for her Christmas candles....not a bad idea I thought!

My latest craze for this year is present tags that become tree decorations - a gift on a gift! I have designed these cute little owls to be just that and can't wait to give all my gifts out this year with them on. I confess I may keep a couple back for my tree though...

Cute Christmas Owl Gift Tags

They are so quick and easy to make plus you can give them personality by using different types of stitching for the feathers. To read more about them and find the pattern pop along to grab the pattern...

Christmas Owl Gift Tag Pattern





Christmas is the perfect time to craft and give, there's still plenty of time (!) to make some little extras.....



No comments:

Post a Comment